Jeri Walker-Bickett was born and raised in Wallace, Idaho, a rough and tumble mining town with a checkered past. The storytelling urge struck at a young age, but an undergraduate degree in writing led to a graduate degree in English education. Between living the scholarship-laden life of an academic bum, she did seasonal work in national parks. Jeri met her future husband in Yellowstone and they later married in Las Vegas. This phase in their lives sparked an obsession with food and travel. Fate has intervened to allow her to take time off from the classroom. Her forthcoming novel, Lost Girl Road, is a ghost story that takes place in the woods of northwest Montana. She currently lives in North Carolina with her husband and their pets.
Posts by Jeri:
- Teacher Appreciation Week: Do Something!
- American Teacher: Documentary Review
- Millennials Speak: Essays on the 21st Century
- So Hopelessly Dumb
- A Teacher’s Time
- Book Review: The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
- Book Review: Fifty Shades of Grey by E L James
- Book Review: Born to Run by Christopher McDouggal
- Book Review: Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn